1⁄2 poundlean ground meat (15% fat)
1medium onion, chopped
1 can(15 ounces) kidney beans with liquid
2 cans(14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes with liquid
2 tablespoonschili powder
- Brown meat and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 F degrees in an electric skillet). Drain fat.
- Add undrained beans, tomatoes with liquid and chili powder.
- Reduce heat to low (250 F degrees in an electric skillet), cover and cook for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve with shredded cabbage, low fat sour cream, cilantro or grated cheese.
- Add other vegetables such as bell peppers, carrots, celery, and corn, if desired.
- Add dried cumin, oregano or red pepper flakes in Step 2 for extra flavor!
Last updated: 08/18/15