1⁄2 poundlean ground meat
1 can(15.5 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can(14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid
1 1⁄2 tablespoonschili powder
- Brown meat and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 F degrees in an electric skillet). Drain fat.
- Add beans, tomatoes, and chili powder.
- Reduce heat to low (250 F degrees in an electric skillet), cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot. Top with cheese, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add other vegetables such as bell peppers, carrots, celery, and corn, if desired.
- Use pinto or black beans instead of kidney beans, if desired.
- Add dried cumin and/or oregano in Step 2 for extra flavor!
Last updated: 01/16/15