Cheesy Beef Pasta
- In a large deep skillet or Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion, garlic and zucchini over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet) until meat is browned and broken into pieces. Drain any fat.
- Add the pasta sauce, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes, if desired. Bring to a simmer and cook on medium low (275 degrees in an electric skillet) for 15 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce in the skillet. Stir in the cheese and cover until the cheese is melted.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Substitute broccoli for zucchini. Cook fresh broccoli with the pasta in step 3 or add frozen broccoli in step 2.