Menu and Meal Planning
Want to save money and time spent cooking? Plan your meals and menus.
First, create a weekly meal plan. Then design a healthy menu for each meal on your plan.
This tip gives ideas for how to:
Also Check out Food Hero recipes - every recipe has a "Make it a Meal Section" in the text box under the recipe photo where you can get ideas!.
Planning your menus each week pays off in many ways:
- Reduce stress: After a busy day, it’s great to know your kitchen is stocked with the ingredients you need to make a quick, healthy dinner.
- Save money: Cut down on last-minute trips for fast food or takeout.
- Waste less: Planning helps you buy the right ingredients — and use them up.
- Save time: Planning menus saves you from rushing around as much before each meal. You can also chop things ahead of time, plan for leftovers and pack lunches.
- Eat better: You’re more likely to use healthy ingredients if you have a plan.
- Enjoy family time: Making and eating meals at home lets you spend more time with family. You can also teach kids how to help cook.
- More options: You can plan ahead to try new recipes and ingredients.