Very Berry Muesli (‘mew-slee’)
1 cupold-fashioned rolled oats (raw)
1 cuplow fat fruit yogurt
1⁄2 cupnon-fat or 1% milk
1 pinchof salt
1⁄2 cupdried fruit (try raisins, apricots, dates)
1⁄2 cupchopped apple
1⁄2 cupfrozen blueberries
1⁄4 cupchopped, toasted walnuts
- In medium bowl, mix oats, yogurt, milk and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6-12 hours.
- Add dried and fresh fruit, and mix gently.
- Serve scoops of muesli in small dishes. Sprinkle each serving with chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Muesli makes a delicious breakfast. Try drizzling with milk.
- Substitute any frozen, canned/drained, or fresh chopped fruit for apples and blueberries.
- Flavor boosters: cinnamon, grated orange peel.
Last updated: 01/07/14