1 teaspoon oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, or 1 pound fresh vegetables (such as carrots, onions, broccoli, peas, or zucchini)
3 cups cooked rice
1 teaspoon garlic powder or 4 cloves of garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup diced, cooked protein (chicken, pork or tofu)
2 green onions, sliced
1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce or hot sauce (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet). Add eggs and scramble. Remove cooked eggs and set aside.
- Add small amount of water to pan and cook vegetables until tender crisp.
- Add cooked rice, garlic powder and ground ginger and stir to heat through, breaking up any lumps by pressing against pan.
- Add protein and cook until heated.
- Add green onions and cooked egg, and heat through.
- Serve with soy sauce, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Use leftover ham or pork in place of chicken.
- Use brown rice to include whole grains.
Rice is one of my favorites and I love trying new things with it. This recepie looks amazing.