I made this yesterday and served it at an event for adults. It was very popular! People found it looked appealing and were excited to try it. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. I will definitely be making this one again.
- No water chestnuts? Use chopped celery instead.
- No sesame oil? Use any type of vegetable oil.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a small bowl, blend the soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and hot sauce.
3. In a large skillet, sauté turkey, celery and carrot until the turkey begins to brown, 10 minutes. Break turkey into crumbles as it cooks.
4. Add ginger and garlic. Cook 2 minutes.
5. Stir in soy sauce mixture and water chestnuts. Cook 2 minutes longer.
6. Stir in cooked rice. Heat through.
7. Serve in lettuce leaves.
8. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.