No Greek yogurt? Mix 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt with 1/4 cup (2 ounces) of softened low-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel) and seasonings.
More Seasoning ideas:
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon each of oregano and thyme, pinch of cayenne pepper and 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, pinch of salt, 1 Tablespoon lime juice, 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, dash of hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, pinch of salt, 1/2 teaspoon basil, 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon tarragon, 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil or cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Add other seasonings as desired.
2. Use as a dip for raw veggies, a topping for tacos, or a spread for wraps or sandwiches.
3. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.