Pumpkin Nut Bread
Cooking time: 1 hour
Serving Size 1 slice (1/2 inch thick)
Nutrition Facts: View Label(s)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Oil and flour two 9 x 5 loaf pans.
- Beat together pumpkin, eggs, oil, and water until well blended.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add raisins and nuts to flour mixture.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture. Stir just until mixed.
- Pour half the mixture into each loaf pan. Bake for about an hour, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- After the bread has cooled for about 15 minutes, it should come out of the pan easily. When completely cool, wrap bread in plastic.
Makes two loaves; when cool, wrap one loaf well and freeze for later. Or bake as muffins (20 to 25 minutes).