Added fresh rosemary; very good!
1 pound potatoes, cut in 1-inch pieces
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients.
- Spread potatoes on the baking sheet, leaving space between pieces.
- Roast until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. Stir a couple of times while roasting.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
I have made this recipe many, many times at home and for public events. Based on feedback, I recommend using half the amount of garlic powder called for in the recipe.
Thanks for the suggestion. We have updated the recipe to cut the garlic in half!
The Food Hero Team
I make these all the time. Potatoes are so affordable and easy to have on hand, and this recipe can be a great companion to so many meals. I'll often do a nacho night and serve Potato Pals instead of chips and top them with the salsa, veggies, and other toppings. The family loves it! The Food Hero Farmer's Market Salsa is a great companion topping for the Potato Pals recipe. I will also make these as a snack and serve them to my kids any time of day for something quick and filling.