1 cupgrated cheese (try cheddar or jack)
1 cuppear cubes (fresh or canned/drained)
1⁄2 cupfinely chopped green or red peppers
2 tablespoonsminced onion (green, red, or yellow)
- Lay two tortillas on a clean cutting board or on two plates.
- Place 1/4 of the cheese on each tortilla.
- Divide pears, peppers, and onion between the two tortillas.
- Divide the remaining cheese between the two tortillas. Top with remaining two tortillas.
- Heat a pan or griddle to medium. Place one quesadilla in pan. Cook for 2-4 minutes, or until bottom of quesadilla begins to look a little brown.
- With large spatula, gently turn quesadilla over and cook the other side until a little brown, 2-4 minutes.
- Gently slide quesadilla onto plate. Cook the second quesadilla.
- Cut each cooked quesadilla into 4 pieces and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Put pear cubes on a paper towel for a couple of minutes to help dry them out. This will help your quesadilla stick together!
- Out of pears? Try diced fresh apples, halved grapes, or even sliced bananas.
- Flavor boosters: add some chopped cilantro, or use pepper jack cheese.
Last updated: 01/10/13