16 ouncesuncooked pasta
3 tablespoonsvegetable oil
1large onion, chopped
5 clovesgarlic, finely chopped or 1 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2medium green bell peppers, chopped
1small zucchini, cubed
1small eggplant, cubed
3medium tomatoes, cubed
1 1⁄2 teaspoonssalt
2 teaspoonsdried basil
1 cupshredded cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Add onion and garlic and sauté about 4 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, zucchini, and eggplant. Cook about 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and seasonings. Continue to cook another 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Serve over pasta and top with cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Last updated: 07/10/15