8 ouncesuncooked pasta (try rotini, penne or bow tie noodles)
2 tablespoonsvegetable oil
1⁄2 cupchopped onion
2 clovesgarlic, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1medium green bell pepper, chopped
1small zucchini, cubed
1small eggplant, cubed
2medium tomatoes, cubed
1 teaspoondried basil
1 cupshredded cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add bell pepper, zucchini, and eggplant. Cook about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, pepper and basil. Cook another 2 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over pasta and top with cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Last updated: 08/14/15