This recipe is super easy and yummy! I have to cook gluten free so I had to use gluten free noodles and gluten free flour in place of the regular noodles and cornstarch. I also didn't have low fat sour cream, so had to use regular. It turned out great!
- No dry bouillon? Use 3/4 cup of any type of broth.
- No sour cream? Use plain regular or Greek yogurt.
1 Tablespoon margarine or butter
2 ½ cups chopped onion (2 1/2 medium onions)
4 cups sliced mushrooms (16 to 20 medium fresh button mushrooms)
¾ cup water
1 teaspoon bouillon (1 cube) - vegetable, beef or chicken
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon corn starch
3 Tablespoons light sour cream
3 cups cooked whole grain noodles or brown rice
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat the margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). Add onion and mushrooms. Sauté and stir until starting to brown.
- In a small bowl, mix water, bouillon, garlic powder and cornstarch. Add to skillet and cook until sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream.
- Serve with cooked whole grain noodles or brown rice. Garnish with paprika and chopped parsley if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.