1 Tablespoon margarine or butter
2 1⁄2 cups chopped onion (2 1/2 medium onions)
4 cups sliced mushrooms (16 to 20 medium fresh button mushrooms)
1 teaspoon bouillon (1 cube) - vegetable, beef or chicken
3 Tablespoons light sour cream
3 cups cooked whole grain noodles or brown rice
- Heat the margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). Add onion and mushrooms. Sauté and stir until starting to brown.
- In a small bowl, mix water, bouillon, garlic powder and cornstarch. Add to skillet and cook until sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream.
- Serve with cooked whole grain noodles or brown rice. Garnish with paprika and chopped parsley if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
10 minutesCooking time:
6 cupsNutrition Facts: View Label
Last updated: 06/24/20