Kale Dip with Veggies
1 1⁄2 teaspoonsoil
1 clovegarlic, minced
3 cupskale leaves, thinly sliced
1 cuplow-fat cottage cheese
1⁄2 teaspoonred pepper flakes or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoonfresh lemon juice
2 cupsveggies for dipping (try sugar snap peas or carrot sticks)
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and kale and season with salt. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool.
- Transfer kale to a food processor. Add cottage cheese and puree until smooth.
- Season with red pepper flakes and lemon juice.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add peas or carrots and cook until color brightens, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer veggies to an ice-water bath to cool completely; drain. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.
- Serve veggies with dip. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- No food processor? Make chunky dip: mash cottage cheese with a fork; chop kale and garlic finely before cooking.
- Try adding onion or garlic powder, dill weed or curry powder for a flavor boost.
Last updated: 02/13/14