2 ripe pears
3 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
2 teaspoons honey (see Notes) or brown sugar
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon dried cranberries
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon or melon baller.
- Place the pears in a baking dish. Fill centers with walnuts and drizzle about half a teaspoon of honey over each pear.
- Sprinkle each pear half with cinnamon and cranberries.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until pears are soft when poked with a fork. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.
This recipe is simple and delicious. After making this with several groups in cooking workshops, I recommend adding the cranberries at the end or they will burn by the time the pears are done.