Breakfast No-Bake Granola Bars
2 1⁄2 cupstoasted rice cereal
2 cupsold-fashioned oatmeal
1⁄2 cupfirmly packed brown sugar
1⁄2 cuplight corn syrup
1⁄2 cuppeanut butter
- In a large bowl, stir together the rice cereal, oatmeal and raisins.
- In a small saucepan mix together the brown sugar and corn syrup. Turn the heat to medium-high. Stir constantly while the mixture is brought to a boil. Once boiling, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Stir the peanut butter and vanilla into the sugar mixture in the saucepan. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal mixture in the large bowl. Mix well.
- Press the mixture into an 8" x 8" baking pan.
- When cool, cut into 16 bars.
- Make your own granola bars and pack them to go to school or anywhere!
- To avoid peanuts or peanut butter, try sunflower seeds or sunflower seed butter.
Last updated: 01/21/16