Cherry Puff Pancake
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. In a medium bowl or blender, beat the eggs, milk and vanilla together until well blended.
4. Mix the flour, sugar and cinnamon together. Add to the liquid ingredients and mix until there are no lumps.
5. Put margarine or butter in a 10- or 11-inch oven proof skillet or a 2 1/2- to 3-quart baking dish. Place the skillet or dish in the hot oven until the margarine or butter is melted and bubbly. Remove from the oven. Quickly spread the cherries across the bottom of the hot skillet or dish.
6. Pour the batter over the cherries and sprinkle with almond slices, if using.
7. Return to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the edges are browned and the pufffs in the middle are golden. Cool slightly before cutting into 4 pieces. The center puffs will flatten during cooling.
8. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try using other fruit, such as peaches, pears or blueberries.
- Serve with plain or vanilla yogurt.