Easy Skillet Chili
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet), brown meat and onion. Cook on medium-low heat (275 degrees F in an electric skillet) for 5 minutes. Stir often. Drain grease from pan (see Notes).
- Add chili powder and stir. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, drained beans and tomato soup.
- Add 1 soup can of water; stir and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Spice up your Easy Skillet Chili by adding diced green chilies, diced hot peppers, sautéed fresh mushrooms, sautéed fresh garlic, hot pepper sauce, frozen or canned corn or extra chili powder.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.
- Try adding cilantro on top for more flavor.
- Pour fat from cooked meat into a metal container. Let it cool, then dispose of it in a garbage can.