Stuffed Peppers with Turkey & Vegetables
- Cook the rice or prepare instant rice according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the peppers in half from top to bottom. Remove the stem and seeds.
- In a large skillet over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet), cook the turkey until no longer pink. Add seasonings during last few minutes.
- Add onion, mushrooms, and zucchini to the skillet. Add a small amount of oil, if needed. Saute until tender.
- Mix in the tomatoes and rice. Remove from heat.
- Fill the pepper halves with the skillet mixture.
- Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until peppers are tender when poked with a fork.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try chicken, beef or pork instead of turkey.
- Add a sprinkle of cheese.
- If there is extra filling, try it in a wrap for another meal.
- No basil/oregano? Try chopped cilantro.