No-Yeast Pizza Crust
1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour (try half whole-wheat flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup nonfat or 1% milk
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Stir in milk and oil until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough onto a clean, lightly floured surface and knead 6 to 8 times. Dough should feel soft but smooth; not sticky. Shape dough into a ball. Turn the bowl upside down over the dough. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- On a baking sheet, roll or press dough into a 12-inch circle. Bake crust for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add your choice of sauce and toppings.
- Return to oven and bake until light golden brown, 12 to 20 minutes. Serve hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.