Maple Glazed Turnips
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Melt margarine and stir in maple syrup, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Put turnip and sweet potato pieces in a medium casserole dish. Add syrup mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until browned (20 to 30 minutes). Serve hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- No maple syrup? Use 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar.
- Try with other vegetables such as parsnips, carrots or winter squash.