- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Divide cheese, pears, peppers and onions between the tortillas, covering about half of each tortilla. Fold each tortilla in half over the filling.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium (300 degrees F in an electric skillet). Place one or two folded tortillas on a dry skillet and heat until cheese melts and the tortilla browns slightly, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- With large spatula, gently turn quesadillas over and cook the other side until a little brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove to a plate and repeat until all tortillas are heated. Cut each quesadilla in half and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Put pear cubes on a paper towel for a couple of minutes to help dry them out. This will help your quesadilla stick together!
- Out of pears? Try diced fresh apples, halved grapes, or even sliced bananas.
- Flavor boosters: add some chopped cilantro, or use pepper jack cheese.
- Try adding cilantro on top for more flavor.