- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Place kale in a large bowl. Chop fruit if pieces are large and add to the kale.
- In a small bowl, combine fruit juice, oil, salt, pepper and sunflower seeds, if desired. Mix well.
- Add dressing to the kale and fruit and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- To soften the kale and improve the flavor, rub the torn leaves together until the kale becomes dark green and fragrant, about 3 to 5 minutes, OR prepare the salad a day ahead and refrigerate.