Beet and Carrot Salad
1 carrot, sliced thin or coarsely grated
¼ cup minced onion
2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise or plain yogurt
¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
6 (2-inch round) beets, cooked from fresh and diced, or 1 can (15 ounces) drained, rinsed and diced
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Cook sliced carrots, if desired, until just tender. Try microwaving or steaming.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the onion, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Add cilantro, if desired. Add beets and carrots and stir to mix. Serve warm or cold.
4. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- No mayonnaise? Use plain yogurt instead.