- ¼ cup popcorn kernels
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon (or more) seasoning (see Notes)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil on medium high.
- Add popcorn and cover the pan with a lid. While holding the pan handle and lid, shake the pan until most of the kernels have popped, about 1 ½ minutes or until there are about 3 seconds between pops.
- Pour popped corn into a bowl. Sprinkle with seasonings and enjoy right away.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
Try these seasoning ideas:
- Salt, pepper, fresh herbs
- Food Hero Harissa Spice Mix or Soulful Seasoning, tajin or chili powder
- Food Hero Pumpkin Pie Spice, cinnamon or cardamom with powdered sugar or vanilla
- Food Hero Taco Seasoning, lime juice and chopped cilantro
- Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
- Low-sodium soy sauce, dried seaweed flakes and sesame seeds