- 8 cups water
- 1 cup sorghum, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add sorghum and salt, if desired, and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and boil, uncovered, until grains are as soft as you like, about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Drain off extra cooking water and serve or use as planned.
- For more flavor, cook with broth instead of water.
- Enjoy sorghum with cooked beans, stew or chili. Sprinkle with cheese and serve with salsa or any sauce you like.
- Use sorghum in recipes that call for couscous or bulgur, such as grain salads or grain bowls.