Quick Chicken Rice Soup
4 cups water
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup white rice or quick-cooking brown rice
1 cup cooked and chopped chicken
2 cups mixed vegetables (fresh, frozen, or canned, drained and rinsed)
1 teaspoon oregano or thyme (or a mixture)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large saucepan, bring water and broth to a boil. Add the rest of the ingredients. Reduce heat to simmer, cover the pan and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours or freeze for longer storage.
- Try with brown rice. Simmer for 45 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Try other seasonings, such as rosemary or crushed red pepper.