Rice Bowl Breakfast with Fruit and Nuts
1 cup cooked brown rice
½ cup nonfat or 1% milk
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chopped fruit (try a mixture - apples, bananas, raisins, berries, peaches)
2 Tablespoons chopped nuts (try walnuts or almonds)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine cooked rice, milk and cinnamon in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds. Stir and heat for another 45 to 60 seconds, or until rice mixture is heated through.
- Divide rice mixture between two bowls. Top with fruit and nuts. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Use any combination of fresh, canned, frozen and dried fruit in this recipe.
- You can use any leftover cooked grain in this recipe. Try white or wild rice, quinoa, barley or oatmeal.