1/2 cup low-fat or non-fat milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 slices whole-wheat bread
powdered sugar (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a flat-bottom bowl or casserole dish, beat together the eggs, milk, spice and vanilla, if desired.
- Lightly grease a skillet and place it on medium heat.
- Dip both sides of the bread in the egg and milk mixture. Cook in the skillet about 2 minutes on each side or until brown and cooked through.
- Move the pieces from the pan to plates and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Works best when bread is somewhat dry rather than fresh.
- Poke a few holes in the bread to absorb more egg mixture.
- Try topped with Any Berry Sauce or Microwave Applesauce.