Print Recipe Color
Turkey Pumpkin Chili
- Pour oil into a 4 quart (or larger) saucepan.
- Add ground turkey, onion, green pepper and garlic.
- Cook and stir, breaking meat apart until meat is brown and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the beans, pumpkin, tomatoes, broth, water, brown sugar and taco seasoning.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Broth can be canned or made using bouillon. For each cup of broth use 1 cup very hot water and 1 teaspoon or 1 cube bouillon.
- Use leftover turkey cut in bite sized piece instead of ground turkey. Saute the vegetables then add the turkey with the other ingredients.
- No Taco Seasoning? Try 1 Tablespoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon ground cumin and 1 teaspoon oregano. Add some red pepper flakes if you like it spicier.