Print Recipe Color
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, mix corn meal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the eggs and milk. Add egg and milk mixture and corn to the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Lightly grease a large skillet or griddle. Heat skillet or griddle over medium heat (300 degrees F in an electric skillet). Pour batter onto hot griddle to make individual pancakes.
- Cook until golden on the bottom. Turn and cook on other side.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Fresh corn works very well in this recipe. Cook 2 large ears of corn for 5 minutes in boiling water then cool in very cold water. Cut kernels off the cob, cream style, (cut kernels with shallow cut then scrape the cob for the rest of the kernel). Add to batter.
- Try serving with salsa or applesauce.
- This recipe can also be made quickly with your favorite pancake mix. Make enough batter for six servings. Then, add 1 can drained corn or 2 cups cooked fresh corn cut off the cob.