Print Recipe Color
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Stir ground beef, onion, and garlic together in a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet) until meat is browned.
- Add spaghetti sauce and water to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add uncooked noodles in 2 layers and stir around to cover the top with sauce. Cover the skillet, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the spinach to remove liquid and stir into the noodle mixture. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon cottage cheese over the top. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes until the lasagna is heated through and the noodles are tender.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add fresh or canned (drained) sliced mushrooms.
- Try whole wheat pasta to increase fiber and make this a whole grain meal.
- Try pasta in a different shape.