Print Recipe Color
Hoppin' Pear Salad
2 cups shredded lettuce or spinach
4 pear halves, fresh or canned
½ cup cottage cheese
8 pieces sliced almonds
- Place about 1/2 cup shredded lettuce on each plate.
- Place one pear half on the lettuce, cut side faced down.
- On the narrower end of each pear, make a rabbit face: Poke two pieces of sliced almonds into the pear to make ears. Arrange two raisins for eyes and one for the nose.
- Place 2 Tablespoons of cottage cheese at the opposite end of each pear half to make a tail.
- Optional: Add a miniature carrot or two for the bunnies to snack on.
- Look in the bulk food section of the store to buy only the amount you need of raisins or sliced almonds.