Print Recipe Color
Spicy Rice Casserole
- Brown meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). Drain fat.
- Add onion and peppers and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add rice, tomato, 2 cups water, and spices. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try brown rice and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- If using instant rice, reduce water to 1 cup.
- Try ground turkey in place of beef.