Print Recipe Color
Hearty Chicken and Homemade Noodle Soup
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- For noodles: Put flour in a medium bowl, make a well in center, and add eggs. Mix well. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough is stiff but easy to roll.
- Place dough on a floured surface. Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness using a rolling pin or a sturdy, straight sided drinking glass or jar.
- Cut into 1/4 to 1/2-inch strips, about 3 to 5 inches long. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- For soup: In a large pot on medium-high heat, bring water and chicken broth to a boil.
- Add noodles a few at a time to broth mixture and return soup to a boil.
- Add chicken, vegetables, and pepper. Simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until noodles are tender. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate or freeze within 2 hours.
- Broth can be canned or made using bouillon. For each cup of broth use 1 cup very hot water and 1 teaspoon or 1 cube bouillon.
- Try whole wheat flour to include whole grains.
- Freeze extra for another meal.