Print Recipe Color
3 cups chopped tomatoes (try Roma or halved cherry tomatoes)
½ cup chopped red onion
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups croutons
- Wash hands with soap and water,
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, basil, salt, black pepper, vinegar and oil in a bowl.
- Stir croutons into the salad and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Photo and recipe adapted from Nutrition Matters.
- Make croutons from dried bread, rolls or hamburger buns or cube and toast bread in the oven.