Print Recipe Color
Southern Green Beans
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Snap or cut ends off the green beans, if desired, and rinse the beans in water.
- Place the green beans in a pan of boiling water over medium high heat. Cover and cook beans for 6 to 8 minutes. Drain the water.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onions and ham. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked green beans and 1/4 cup water to the skillet. Stir and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Photo and recipe adapted from Nutrition Matters.