Print Recipe Color
6 apples, peeled, cored and quartered or chopped (about 8 cups)
¼ cup water
¼ cup sugar (or less, to taste)
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Place apples and water in a 2 quart microwave safe dish. Cover with microwave-safe cover.
- Cook on HIGH for 10 to 15 minutes or until the apples are soft enough to mash.
- Use a potato masher or fork to make chunky applesauce.
- Add the sugar a little at a time to reach desired sweetness. Add cinnamon.
- Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Frozen apple slices work great in this recipe.