Print Recipe Color
1 cup kamut berries
2 cups water for soaking
8 cups liquid (water or broth) for cooking
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, add kamut to water and soak in the refrigerator for about 8 hours or overnight. Drain water when ready to cook.
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups liquid to a boil, then add kamut and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and boil without a lid until kamut is soft to your liking, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Drain off excess liquid and serve as desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Cooked kamut is similar to wheat berries or brown rice. Enjoy it in a whole grain salad, pilaf, stir-fry or grain bowl.
- The amount of final cooked grain will depend on soaking and cooking times.
- Freeze cooked kamut for up to 3 months.