Print Recipe Color
1 pound parsnips
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub the parsnips with a clean vegetable brush under running water and peel if large.
- Cut the parsnips into 3 x ½ -inch sticks or 1-inch slices. Aim for pieces that are about the same size.
- Put the vegetables in a large bowl. Add the oil, salt, garlic powder and pepper and stir to coat the pieces.
- Place the parsnips in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Leave at least ¼ inch between the pieces.
- Roast the parsnips in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, then stir and roast for another 10 to 15 minutes until tender and golden with some browning.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.