|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cooking time: 30 minutes||Total time: 40 minutes|
1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper (any color)
1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
1⁄2 cup dried lentils, rinsed
4 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro or oregano (optional)
1 1⁄4 cups broth, any flavor
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion, bell pepper and garlic in oil until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the lentils, chili powder, cumin and cilantro/oregano (if using). Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the lentils are tender, 20 to 30 minutes for brown lentils, Add water if necessary to keep the lentils just covered with liquid.
- Uncover; cook until mixture thickens and most of the water is gone, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use for tacos, wraps or salad.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Tab 4 Content:
Depending on their skills, show kids how to:
- Measure and mix taco filling
- Build their own tacos
Tab 2 Content (Recipe Categories):