Season and Location
✿ Garlic is a great crop to grow over the winter.
✿ Plant garlic cloves in in a location that gets full sun.
✿ Plant in soil with good drainage.
✿ Garlic can be grown in a container that is at least 8 inches deep.
✿ Make sure your container has small holes near the bottom to allow water to drain.
How to Roast Garlic
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Slice the top off a garlic head, keeping the papery layers on. Lightly drizzle the head with oil and season it with salt and pepper.
3. Wrap the head in foil and place it on a pan.
4. Roast the head for 40 minutes until it is soft and golden.
5. Set it aside to cool. Squeeze the garlic from the cloves to use in cooking