I have made this recipe several times, for food banks and classes. It is delicious and very well-received. There is generally never any left over. It is even good if you don't have berries.
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
2 cups 1% or nonfat milk
4 teaspoons margarine or butter, melted
2 cups cane berries, fresh or frozen (raspberries, blackberries, marionberries)
¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until blended. Stir in brown sugar, vanilla, milk and melted butter.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Add the berries and stir lightly to spread them evenly. Pour mixture into a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.